49) Naushad Merali – Net Worth: $550 Million (Kenyan)
Kenyan millionaire investor, Merali is the founder of the Sameer Group, a Kenyan conglomerate with interests in construction, agriculture, property, IT and finance.
48) Reginald Mengi – Net Worth: $560 Million (Tanzania)
This self-made media mogul heads one of the largest media conglomerates in Africa. His IPP Media Group owns 11 newspapers, radio stations, TV stations and internet properties.
47) Said Salim Bakhresa Net Worth: $575 Million (Tanzanian)
The 65-year-old self-made millionaire is a Tanzanian businessman. He launched Azam TV, a pay TV service for East Africa. He dropped out of school when he was just 14 to sell potato mix.
46) Ali Wakrim & family – Net Worth: $600 Million (Moroccan)
Ali Wakrim and family own Akwa Group along with Aziz Akhannouch and family. Wakrim is the chairman of the LPG distributor, which reported more than $400 million in revenue last year.
45) Strive Masiyiwa – Net Worth: $600 Million (Zimbabwean)
Strive Masiyiwa is the richest man in Zimbabwe. The self-made millionaire made his fortune through his stake in Econet Wireless Group. He is the founder of the group.
44) Hakeem Belo-Osagie – Net Worth: $600 Million (Nigerian)
Nigerian self-made millionaire Hakeem Belo-Osagie is the chairman of Etisalat, Nigeria. It is the country’s fourth largest mobile telecom network and has more than 18 million subscribers.
43) Moulay Hafid Elalamy Net Worth: $620 Million (Moroccan)
This 54-year-old self-made millionaire is the head of Saham Group, which operates CNIA Saada, one of Morocco’s biggest insurance companies.
42) Tunde Folawiyo – Net Worth: $650 Million (Nigerian)
Nigerian businessman Tunde Folawiyo is the managing director of the Yinka Folawiyo Group, a conglomerate with interests in agriculture, energy, shipping, engineering and real estate.
41) Gus Attridge – Net Worth: $660 Million (South African)
The South African self-made millionaire is the deputy CEO of Aspen Pharmacare, the largest pharmaceutical manufacturer in Africa and the world’s fifth largest generic drug maker.